The Arizona Department of Transportation and Santa Cruz County invite the public to receive an overview and provide input regarding the Rio Rico Walking and Biking Study at an upcoming public meeting.
Thursday, Nov. 15
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (Brief presentation begins at 6 p.m.)
Calabasas Middle School
131 Camino Maricopa
Rio Rico, AZ 85648
Santa Cruz County received funding from the ADOT Planning Assistance for Rural Areas program for the Rio Rico Walking and Biking Study. The study team is evaluating ways to improve bicycle and pedestrian mobility in the Rio Rico area. Incorporating the community’s ideas and concerns into the study process is important to the study’s outcomes; therefore, the Rio Rico community is strongly encouraged to attend this meeting and participate in the study.
The study will:
- Document existing conditions
- Identify future conditions and needs
- Recommend bicycle and pedestrian improvement projects for 5, 10 and 20 year time frames
This is the first of two public meetings that will be held throughout the study process to gather information and suggestions from Rio Rico residents. When complete, the plan will serve as a blueprint to help guide the development, funding and implementation of bicycle and pedestrian projects in Rio Rico.
For additional project information, please visit www.azdot.gov/riorico or contact:
- Justin Feek, ADOT Project Manager, at 602.712.6196, email@example.com
- Kevin Kugler, RBF Consulting, at 602.798.7521, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Ritter, ADOT Tucson District Senior Community Relations Officer, at 520.388.4266, email@example.com
- Paki Rico, ADOT Southern Arizona Community Relations Officer, at 520.388.4266, firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional project information, media may contact: