Eastbound I-10 Toltec Road on-ramp near Eloy to close next week for paving
August 04, 2011
The eastbound Interstate 10 on-ramp at Toltec Road (Exit 203) will be closed for 60 consecutive hours for paving as part of the project to widen I-10 from State Route 87 to Interstate 8. Crews will work around the clock from 7 p.m. Tuesday (August 9) to 6 a.m. Friday (August 12) to complete the work.
The following detour is available:
- Motorists on Toltec Road wishing to access eastbound I-10 will be directed to take westbound I-10 to the Sunland Gin Road exit (exit 200), where they may re-enter I-10 heading eastbound.
What to expect during the closure:
- The eastbound I-10 off-ramp at Toltec Road will remain open.
- Signage will inform drivers of restrictions and detours.
- Detours may cause delays of up to 15 minutes.
- Drivers should proceed through the detours with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
Ramp improvements at the Toltec Road Interchange (exit 203), located in the community of Toltec southeast of Eloy, are part of the Interstate 10 widening project between Picacho and Casa Grande. This $31.3 million American Recovery and Reinvestment Act project is anticipated to be completed by spring 2012.
The construction project schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including the weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Teresa Guillen, Pinal County Senior Community Relations Officer at 520.388.4266. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona see the agency's latest blog posts.
Visit ADOTs Travel Information site at az511, call 5-1-1 within Arizona,or 1.888.411.ROAD outside the state for current information regarding road conditions statewide.
Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov.
Please buckle up, observe speed limits, and never drink and drive.
For additional information contact:
ADOT Media Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or call 800.949.8057