Airport Development >
About Us > Mission Statement
"The mission of the ADOT - MPD - Aeronautics Group is
to encourage and advance
the safe and orderly development of aviation in
- Provide the citizens of Arizona a safe, balanced and
integrated statewide aviation system to meet present and future
- Represent the State of Arizona in planning, developing,
maintaining and operating facilities for the efficient movement of people and
goods by air throughout the state.
- Advocate aviation transportation policies consistent with the
overall goals of the state; to enhance the sociological welfare; preserve
natural resources and conserve available funding.
- Work cooperatively with all entities - public and private -
to develop the means for multimodal mobility that will meet community needs as
expressed through local planning, land use, patterns of commerce and public
- Strive to create and maintain a local state and federal
climate that will make action programs and adequate funding available to achieve
a level of aviation transportation capacity and quality necessary for Arizona's
- Respond to the needs of the public, including their need to
know, understand and discuss the aviation transportation issues and developments
of the day - and to be continually mindful of the tremendous importance of the
mission the department has been given as a public trust.
- Attract the vital human resources required and reward
performance excellence in order to bring the highest degree of professional and
technical expertise to the aviation challenges of this state, supported by a
meaningful affirmative action program which offers equal self-development
opportunities for all.
- Improve and maintain internal systems, controls, and support
services that can assure maximum productivity while using time, manpower,
equipment and facilities at optimum efficiency.
- Encourage innovative thinking and action directed toward
management decisions, policy implementation, systems application and design,
research, planning and aviation safety efforts.
What We Do:
- Encourage and advance the safe and orderly development of aviation in the
- Assemble and distribute information relating to aviation to the
- Provide funding to public airports for planning, land acquisition and
- Accept federal and other monies for airport development or air navigation
- Make recommendations on legislative and policy issues