Vehicle Services


Commercial Vehicle Registration

You may need to register your vehicle as commercial if certain qualities apply. See the Arizona State Legislature for the definition of "commercial motor vehicle" as described by Arizona Revised Statues 28-601 and 28-5201.

When Do I Need a U.S. DOT Number?

If you generate revenue through the transportation of your own property, property of others (for-hire), perform a service that is a part of your business or have a personal hobby that involves the use of a vehicle or combination of vehicles that has a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of more than 10,000 lbs, you meet the definition of a Motor Carrier and must obtain a U.S. DOT number.

You may need more than one type of U.S. DOT number depending on the type of cargo, materials, or passengers that you transport.

Related Links