The Business Engagement and Compliance Office (BECO) is responsible for ensuring that ADOT, its subrecipients, contractors and consultants achieve full compliance with all applicable federal regulations related to disadvantaged and small business inclusion, equal and fair employment opportunity in contracting and on-the-job training for women and minorities in the construction trades by facilitating these efforts:
- ADOT's good faith efforts to meet overall DBE participation goals
- Compliance with all applicable federal requirements
- Equal Employment Opportunity contractor compliance and On-the-Job Training contractor compliance to provide training and employment opportunities for women, minorities and economically disadvantaged individuals in the construction industry
Announcements and Updates
2014 National AASHTO Civil Rights Subcommittee Training Symposium
April 27-30, 2014
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 N. Second St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
2014 ADOT DBE Statewide Conference
July 8-9, 2014
High Country Conference Center
201 W. Butler Ave.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Register
Changes to DBE Annual Update and Five-Year Certification Review Procedures
The due dates for DBE Annual Updates for certified DBE firms has been changed to April 1 or Oct. 1 of each year.
- DBE firms with names ending in A-J must submit Annual Update by April 1, 2014.
- DBE firms with names ending in K-Z must submit Annual Update by Oct. 1, 2014.
Review a list of the DBE firms that must submit an Annual Update form: April and October.
Please note that all updates must be completed online.
Five-Year DBE Certification Review
Once every five years, each DBE firm must undergo a Certification Review, which is similar to an Annual Update. The only differences for the firm are that an on-site review will be conducted at the firm's office and the Certification Review will be more detailed than an Annual Update.
View more details.