Annual DBE Update
Changes to DBE Annual Update and Procedures
DBE Annual Updates will now be divided into two groups.
DBE Annual Update due dates have been changed for certified DBE firms to either April 1 or Oct. 1 of each year.
- DBE firms with names starting with A-J must submit an Annual Update by April 1 of the current year.
- DBE firms with names starting with K-Z must submit Annual Update by Oct. 1 of the current year.
- Email reminders will be sent 45, 30 and 15 days prior to each deadline.
- On April 4 and Oct. 4, firms failing to complete their DBE Annual Update will be issued a past due letter and their certification will be removed for failure to cooperate.
Please note that all updates must be completed online.
Annual Update Instructions
Information and supporting documentation necessary to complete a DBE Annual Update is due to the ADOT Business Engagement and Compliance Office (BECO) no later than April 1 or Oct. 1 each year, based on the firm's name (see information above).
If we do not receive your Annual Update through the online system by the appropriate date based on the criteria stated above, your DBE status can be removed for failure to cooperate.
Please note that all DBE Annual Updates will need to be submitted electronically.
To access the DBE Annual Update online application, please follow these steps:
- Go to adot.dbesystem.com.
- Type in your username and password in the "System Login for Returning Users" field. Please note that your username is your email address. If you do not know your password, please use the "Request Password Reset" system link in the right-hand column.
- Once you get to your dashboard, in the "Key Actions" box, click on "Apply for Certification/Registration."
- In the "Select an Option" screen, select the principal location for your firm.
- In the same "Select an Option" box, click the link marked "Your firm is already DBE certified by ADOT." If your firm's primary location is out of state, click on "Your firm is certified by a qualified agency in your home state."
- In the same "Select an Option" box, click the link marked "It has been 1 year since your last DBE certification or Annual No Change Affidavit."
- Click the link marked "Submit a DBE Annual No Change Affidavit application."
- Click the radial button "Use Arizona Department of Transportation DBE Annual No Change Affidavit" to auto-fill the contact information on your DBE Certification Application. If this information is no longer correct, you may update it.
- After you have answered all the questions, click "Continue." The next page will contain downloadable documents that you will need to complete the update.
- Click the "Download" links to print the Affidavit of DBE Annual Update and current federal taxes, check the box below the download links, and click "Continue." The next page will allow you to update any general information as well as info pertaining to ownership, control, DBE business financials and uploading supporting documentation.
- Click the "Sign" button and follow directions, then click the "Submit" button to complete the application process.
(Note: If you fail to sign and submit the application, it will auto-delete within two weeks.)
For those unable to scan documentation, a fax option is available, and the fax number is listed on the printable fax cover sheets in the document list section from step 9.
To complete your update, you will need to upload the following documentation into the online system:
- Your current business and personal federal taxes. If you filed for an extension for the current tax year, please provide a copy of the filed extension along with your most current complete IRS federal business taxes.
- A signed and notarized No Change Affidavit (also available for download in the system).
- Out of State firms must submit proof of ongoing home state DBE Certification.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office:
Small Business Development Officer
For technical assistance with the website, please submit a support ticket located on the left-hand tab under "Help and Support."