The ADOT Business Engagement and Compliance Office (BECO) works with agencies statewide to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations related to managing federally funded projects. Some of the beneficiaries of federal funds are subrecipients and local public agencies (LPAs), which are defined as follows:
- LPA: "any city, county, township, municipality, or other political subdivision that may be empowered to cooperate with the State transportation department in highway matters" (23 CFR 635.102).
- Subrecipient: "any legal entity to which a sub-award of federal financial assistance is made and which is accountable to the recipient for the use of the funds provided" (49 CFR 19.2).
LPAs and subrecipients must comply with Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE), Equal Employment Opportunity and On-the-Job Training federal regulations as a condition of award and to be eligible for federal reimbursement.
Click on the appropriate tab above to view the applicable DBE requirements for various USDOT modal agencies funding.
ADOT Reference Documents
- ADOT FHWA DBE Plan
- Overall DBE Goal: 7.76 percent (5.08 percent race conscious; 2.68 percent race neutral)
- ADOT FTA DBE Plan
- DBE Goal: 3.82 percent race neutral
- ADOT FAA DBE Goal: 3.30 percent race neutral
BECO LPA/Subrecipient Newsletters