Westbound I-10 Toltec Road off-ramp near Eloy to close for 48-hours this week
May 3, 2011
The Toltec Road (Exit 203) off-ramp for westbound Interstate 10 will be closed for paving from 7 p.m. Tuesday (April 26) to 6 a.m. Thursday (April 28). Signage will be placed along the construction zone directing motorists to detour around the closure using alternate exits.
The following detour will be available:
- Motorists on westbound I-10 wishing to exit at Toltec Road will be directed to exit at Sunland Gin Road (Exit 200), where they may re-enter I-10 heading eastbound to return to Toltec Road.
What to expect during the closure:
- Motorists on Toltec Road will be able to access westbound I-10 using the on-ramp to Interstate 10.
- Motorists using the detour should expect delays of up to 15 minutes.
- Construction crews and signs will direct traffic through the detour.
- Drivers should allow extra travel time for travel between Phoenix and Tucson while the ramp restriction is in effect.
- Drivers need to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
Interstate 10 is being widened from two to three lanes in each direction between Picacho and Casa Grande to reduce traffic congestion and improve safety along this heavily traveled corridor. The $31.3 million American Recovery and Reinvestment Act project is anticipated to be complete during spring 2012.
The construction project schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties.
For more information about this project, please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Pinal County Senior Community Relations Officer Teresa Guillen at 602.828.8075. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.949.8057. Visit www.facebook.com/azdot or www.azdot.gov for more information about ADOT.
Visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511, call 5-1-1 within Arizona,or 1.888.411.ROAD outside the state for current information regarding road conditions statewide.
Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov.
Please buckle up, observe speed limits, and never drink and drive.
For additional information contact:
ADOT Media Relations (email@example.com)
or call 800.949.8057