February 28, 2013
Crews continue to make final preparations on the Cordes Junction traffic interchange and will close the off-ramp (Exit 262) northbound on Interstate 17 on Monday, March 4 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Crews will install sign structures over the highway and pave the roundabout on Cordes Lakes Road, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
As work is performed next week, drivers should expect the following restrictions:
Sunday, March 3:
- I-17 narrowed in each direction between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. to allow crews to remove concrete barrier and install overhead sign structures along the roadway.
Monday, March 4:
- Northbound I-17 traffic looking to access State Route 69 toward Prescott or businesses at Cordes Lakes will be redirected overnight from Exit 262, between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. to use the new Arcosanti traffic interchange at Exit 263 (just north of the existing Cordes Jct. exit).
Monday, March 4 through Thursday, March 7:
- Shoulder closures on I-17 between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. approaching Cordes Junction in both directions (mileposts 264-261) for drainage and landscape work.
- I-17 will be narrowed to one lane in each direction between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. and also during the day between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. to allow crews to paint the bridges, install sign structures over I-17 and restripe the roadway.
Friday, March 8:
- Shoulder closures on I-17 between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. approaching Cordes Junction in both directions (mileposts 261-264) for drainage and landscape work.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust their travel schedules in order to avoid the closures during those hours or allow extra travel time to reach their destination. The work zone will be clearly marked by temporary barricades and signage.
ADOT advises drivers to allow additional time to reach their destinations and to proceed through the work zone with caution, comply with the reduced speed limit, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Tricia Lewis, Prescott District Senior Community Relations Officer, at 928.606.2420. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona see the agency's latest blog posts.