The Arizona Department of Transportation, in conjunction with the Federal Highway Administration and the City of Tucson, began design plans in Nov. 2012, to improve the southbound Interstate 19 Valencia Road exit ramp located in the City of Tucson about five miles south of the I-10/I-19 traffic interchange. Construction is estimated to cost approximately $3 million.
- The purpose of this project is to improve capacity, accommodate current and projected increased traffic, enhance safety and improve drainage at the exit ramp.
- The project is representative of ADOT's commitment to meet current engineering standards and maintain I-19 as part of a congressionally designated high-priority corridor for international trade.
- The design project is an outcome of the I-19, San Xavier Road to the I-19/1-10 traffic interchange, design concept report and environmental analysis study finalized in 2011.
The new southbound I-19 Valencia Road exit ramp will be designed within ADOT right of way so future construction of this project is not expected to have many traffic impacts
- Complete project design by summer 2013.
- Ramp is not part of ADOT's Five-Year Construction Plan and funding has not been identified.
For more information, please contact ADOT Community Relations Officer Paki Rico, at 520.388.4233.