The Arizona Department of Transportation will repave more than three miles of State Route 89A in Sedona from Arroyo Piñon Dr. to just west of SR 179, install a traffic signal at Andante Drive, and install roadway lighting from Dry Creek Road to Airport Road.
What to Expect:
- Initial work will begin in mid to late January
- The plan is to construct the roadway lighting first, followed by the traffic signal, and then the paving in late spring and summer
- The lighting and traffic signal work will be done during the day and the paving work will be done at night
- The initial traffic impacts will be minimal; there will be lane restrictions while the roadway is being repaved
- The project is scheduled for completion by late summer.
There is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.