The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is designing improvements to State Route 89 (White Spar Road) between Cherry Street and Copper Basin Road.
Planned improvements are as follows:
- Widen the roadway to construct a continuous left-turn lane between milepost 310.00 and milepost 310.30 (Cherry Street to Copper Basin Road)
- Construct concrete curb, gutter, bike lanes, and sidewalk from Peterson Lane to Copper Basin Road
- Construct Americans with disabilities Act-approved sidewalk ramps at intersections
- Construct drainage improvements to accommodate the new curb, gutter, and sidewalk
- Construct retaining walls as needed to accommodate the new roadway and sidewalk
- Construct driveways at residential and commercial locations along the roadway
- Repave SR 89 throughout the project limits
- Remove and install new guardrail and/or safety barriers
- Remove and replace traffic signs
Construction is scheduled to begin in fall 2013, and is expected to take approximately four months.