Please note: The Loop 303 Improvement Project between Interstate 10 in Goodyear and US 60 (Grand Avenue) in Surprise is an active work zone with a high volume of truck traffic. Drive with caution; obey posted speed limits and signage; and allow extra travel time as delays are possible. Sign up here to receive email updates about this project.
All work zones stretching along the Loop 303 from Goodyear to Surprise are scheduled for completion by fall 2014. ADOT appreciates your patience during construction.
Mountain View Blvd. to Peoria Ave.
UPDATE: Construction of the Loop 303 from Mountain View Blvd. to Peoria Ave. is now approximately 88 percent complete. The project is on schedule for completion in early fall of this year.
- Loop 303 will be closed in both directions between Bell Road and Grand Avenue from 11 p.m. Wednesday to 4 a.m. Thursday (June 13) so crews can remove barrier. Bell Road will remain open. Detour: Use Reems Road.
- The east- and westbound right lanes on Bell Road will be restricted at the Loop 303 through July 2013 to complete ramp work. Additionally, the north sidewalk will be closed. Pedestrians can use the south sidewalk for business access. Please allow extra travel time and drive with caution.
- In July, traffic will begin using both the north and southbound lanes for travel. Watch for updates about this important project milestone and plans for restrictions and closures in mid-July to facilitate the traffic switch.
Thomas Rd. to Peoria Ave.
Construction is now underway on Loop 303 between Thomas and Camelback roads, Camelback to Glendale Avenue, and is more than 75 percent complete between Glendale and Peoria avenues. Work between Glendale and Peoria avenues includes construction of the Northern Parkway between Sarival Avenue and Loop 303.
- Watch for flagging stations on Loop 303 north of Bethany Home Road, Northern Avenue and Olive Avenue from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday for truck hauling activity. Allow extra travel time and be prepared to stop.
- Camelback Road will be closed in both directions from Sarival Avenue to Cotton Lane through July 2013. Detour: Use Indian School or Bethany Home roads.
- Watch for flagging stations on Indian School Road from 6:30 p.m. to 4 a.m. starting Monday, May 13. Please use caution and plan for delays.
- Olive Avenue will be closed between Loop 303 and Cotton Lane from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (June 15) for bridge work. Detour: Use Peoria Avenue.
- Peoria Avenue will be closed between Loop 303 and Cotton Lane from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (June 22) for bridge work. Detour: Use Olive Avenue.
- Olive Avenue will be closed between Loop 303 and Cotton Lane from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (June 15) for bridge work. Detour: Use Peoria Avenue.
- Northern Avenue will be closed between Loop 303 and Cotton Lane from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday (June 26) for ramp paving work. U-Haul access will remain open. Detour: Use Olive Avenue.
- Olive Avenue will be closed between Loop 303 and Cotton Lane from 5 a.m. Thursday to 3 p.m. Friday (June 28) for bridge work. Detour: Use Peoria Avenue.
ATTENTION: Construction of the Northern Parkway is underway between Dysart Road and Sarival Avenue and some local street closures/restrictions are planned. ADOT recommends you review MCDOT's Northern Parkway information on line for the most current news and for information about possible impacts near the work zone.
Loop 303/Interstate 10 Interchange
UPDATE: Time sure does fly... Construction started on the Loop 303/I-10 interchange project last winter, but now, only about one year later, work on the future freeway-to-freeway connection is 50 percent complete! To mark the milestone, we thought we'd share a look at the project's progress with a slideshow. The project is scheduled for completion in fall 2014. ADOT appreciates your patience during construction.
Drivers should plan ahead and expect delays as construction intensifies in Goodyear at the Loop 303/I-10. The following closures/restrictions are in affect:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane between Citrus Road and Cotton Lane from 10 p.m. Saturday, June 8 to 9 a.m. Sunday, June 9 for work related to the Loop 303/I-10.
- McDowell Road closed at Cotton Lane from 1 a.m. to 9 a.m. Sunday, June 9 for work related to the Loop 303/I-10.
Loop 303 closed between McDowell and Thomas roads through Fall 2014. DETOUR: Use Cotton Lane west of the freeway construction work zone.
Cotton Lane closed between McDowell Road and Garfield Street through Fall 2014. DETOUR: Use Sarival Avenue or Citrus Road.
I-10 on-and-off-ramps at Cotton Lane closed through fall 2014. Access to Cotton Lane will be restored via frontage roads stretching between Sarival Avenue and Citrus Road, in Fall 2014. DETOUR: Use Sarival Avenue or Citrus Road ramps to connect to I-10 or Loop 303:
- I-10 westbound on-ramp and eastbound off-ramp at Citrus Road (exit #123)
- I-10 eastbound on-ramp and westbound off-ramp at Sarival Avenue (exit # 125)
Cotton Lane closed in both directions between Indian School and Thomas roads through Fall 2014. DETOUR: Use Loop 303.
Thomas Road closed in both directions between Cotton Lane and Loop 303 through Fall 2014. DETOUR: Use Indian School Road.
Select a segment on the map for construction details including work hours, affected roadways and timelines.
Register below to receive email alerts for traffic alerts and closures and restrictions for your travel area.
Would you like an ADOT representative to speak to your organization, HOA, business or school
about The Loop 303 Improvement Project? Email email@example.com or call 1.855.712.8530.
||Our Valley Freeway System is part of the 2004 voter-approved Regional Transportation Plan. We are working hard with our transit partners to implement the voters’ vision and are committed to quality, safety, open communication with our neighbors, and minimal inconvenience to the traveling public.