State law requires that you obtain an Arizona vehicle registration and driver license, immediately if any of the following apply:
- You work in Arizona (other than for seasonal agricultural work).
- You are registered to vote in Arizona.
- You place children in school without paying the tuition rate of a nonresident.
- You have a business with an office in Arizona that bases and operates vehicles in this state.
- You obtain a state license or pay school tuition fees at the same rate as an Arizona resident.
- You have a business that operates vehicles to transport goods or passengers within Arizona.
- You remain in Arizona for a total of seven months or more during any calendar year, regardless of your permanent residence.
Out-of-state students enrolled with seven or more semester hours, are not considered Arizona residents, regardless of employment.
Active duty military personnel based in Arizona who qualify for exemption under the Service Members Civil Relief Act of 2003 are not considered Arizona residents.