ADOT is in the process of identifying a new corridor planning approach to develop strategies and tools that incorporate life-cycle cost analysis and risk assessment to measure system performance. The current Corridor Profile Studies on I-17, I-19 and I-40, are developing a process to
- inventory past improvement recommendations.
- assess the existing performance based on quantifiable performance measures.
- propose various solutions sets to improve corridor performance.
- identify specific projects that can provide quantifiable benefits in relation to the performance measures.
- prioritize the projects for future implementation
Following is a flow chart that provides an overview of the study process and a table that provides a brief description of the Corridor Performance System.