The Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program details how the Arizona Department of Transportation intends to invest in future transportation projects. The program is updated each year for the subsequent five-year period. The State Transportation Board reviews and approves the program in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes §28-304.
The program is divided into sections:
- Regional Transportation Plans
- Airport Improvements
Public Review and Comment
The 2016-2020 Tentative Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program will be available for public review and comment. Public hearings will be conducted on March 20 in Tucson, April 17 in Phoenix and May 15 in Chino Valley. Comments will be accepted online March 20-May 26.
The State Transportation Board will consider all public comments submitted by May 26, 2015.
Public Hearings Schedule
- March 20 at 9 a.m.: Public hearing and board meeting in the Board of Supervisors Hearing Room in the Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress, Tucson, AZ 85701
- April 17 at 9 a.m.: Public hearing and board meeting in the ADOT Administration Building Auditorium, 206 S. 17th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85007
- May 15 at 9 a.m.: Public hearing and board meeting in the Town of Chino Valley Council Chambers, 202 North State Route 89, Chino Valley, AZ 86323
Final Program Approval by the State Transportation Board
The board is expected to adopt the final 2016-2020 Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program at the June 19, 2015, meeting in Pinetop Lakeside.
- June 19 at 9 a.m.: Board meeting at the Pinetop Lakeside Town Hall, 1360 N.
Niels Hansen Ln., Lakeside, AZ 85929
Once approved by the board, a final program document will be posted.
All comments received by 5 p.m. May 26 will be included in the official record.