The Arizona Department of Transportation is improving US 89 between State Route 64 and the Little Colorado River through Cameron on the Navajo Nation, located approximately 50 miles north of Flagstaff. This project is planned to be constructed in two main phases, with completion anticipated in Fall 2016.
The project includes these improvements:
- Expanding US 89 from two lanes to four lanes through Cameron
- Constructing a roundabout at the intersection of US 89 and SR 64
- Building two new bridges over the Little Colorado River
- Constructing sidewalks and lighting on US 89 through Cameron
- Installing four lighted pedestrian/livestock underpasses south of the new bridges