In partnership with the Arizona Department of Transportation, construction on Mohave County’s first roundabout is underway, and is scheduled for completion in spring 2017.
In 2015 Mohave County secured Federal Highway Safety Improvement Program funding for the design and construction of a roundabout at the intersection of County Route 1, Golden Shores Parkway, and Oatman Highway in Topock/Golden Shores. Community input followed during a study phase and public meetings helped develop and define the project’s final design.
“Mohave County is pleased to deliver its first and 100-percent federally funded roundabout construction in Golden Shores, which developed under a community centered focus and will enhance travel safety and mobility for commuters and visitors traveling through the Colorado River communities.” Mohave County Public Works Director Steven P. Latoski.
What To Expect
Businesses are open during construction
- Phases one and two of the construction project through early March: includes clearing the work zone, removing the existing asphalt, and paving a detour road
- Phases three and four include construction of the roundabout, which is scheduled for completion in spring 2017
- Business and property access will be maintained at all times
- A temporary detour is in place, and traffic could be reduced to one lane
- Work hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Motorists should expect brief delays through the project area as temporary lane closures and detours are in place. Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and watch for construction equipment and personnel.
Questions on Roundbouts?
For More Information
ADOT Project Information Line: 855.712.8530
Michele E. Beggs, senior community relations officer, Northwest District, 928.681.6054
Email: [email protected]