Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory
No freeway construction closures in Phoenix area this weekend (Dec. 19-22)
PHOENIX – Drivers will not encounter any
freeway closures for construction work in the Phoenix area this weekend,
according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. While work on freeway
projects will continue over the next two weeks, no full freeway closures will
be scheduled through January 2.
As the holiday travel season
continues, ADOT urges drivers to focus on safe driving and to use caution in
existing work zones.
Drivers planning to travel along
Arizona’s highways during the holiday season are encouraged to follow these
- Check your vehicle ahead of time, including tire pressure, fluid levels and the condition of engine belts. Consider having your vehicle serviced by a qualified mechanic.
- Get a good night’s rest before heading out on a trip. Drowsy driving is unsafe.
- Buckle up and double-check child safety seats.
- Be patient, obey speed limits and don’t tailgate.
- Be prepared for unscheduled closures due to crashes, disabled vehicles or other incidents.
- Be prepared changing weather and winter driving conditions. Have an emergency kit that includes extra clothes, blankets, flashlights, snack foods and drinking water. For information on items to put in an emergency kit visit azdot.gov/KnowSnow.
- Never drive while impaired. Plan ahead for a designated driver if necessary.