Freeway Management System: Interstate 10 to Interstate 17
The latest Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) improvement project will upgrade and install a Freeway Management System (FMS) on about 22 miles of the freeway between I-10 and I-17, which is located within the cities of Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria and Tolleson.
The project will add additional FMS infrastructure to the area, use existing infrastructure where available, maintain detection loops used to monitor traffic volume and flow, install seven new closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, install overhead message signs in nine locations and install 29 ramp meters at on-ramps throughout the corridor.
Ongoing closures Monday through Saturday are anticipated in various locations on Loop 101 through early December 2014:
- Shoulder closures from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- On‐ and off-ramp closures from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Additional restrictions and closures as needed throughout the project
- Loop 101 northbound will be closed between Thunderbird and Bell roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 12 p.m. Saturday (Aug. 2). Northbound on-ramps will be closed at 91st Avenue and Thunderbird Road beginning at 9 p.m. Friday. Detour: Use northbound 99th or 83rd avenues.
- Loop 101 northbound will be closed between Union Hills Drive and 75th Avenue from 10 p.m. Saturday to 12 p.m. Sunday (Aug. 3). Northbound on-ramps will be closed at Bell Road and Union Hills Drive at 9 p.m. Saturday.Detour: Use northbound 75th Avenue.
ADOT will update these travel advisories as dates and times become available.