Weekend Travel Advisory - No Closures
May 27-30, 2016
Drivers will not face any construction-related closures along freeways in the Phoenix area over the Memorial Day weekend.Drivers are urged to focus on safe driving, including slowing down and using extra caution in existing work zones across the state. Arizona’s “Stay Alert – Stay Alive” highway safety recommendations include:
Check your vehicle, including the tire pressure
Get some rest before traveling – fatigue is a serious safety risk
Never drive while impaired – arrange for a designated driver in advance
Upcoming Mainline Closures and Restrictions:
Ramp Closure/Mainline Restriction:
Wednesday June 1st at 10 p.m. – Thursday June 2nd at 9 p.m.
- Southbound Chaparral Road on ramp closed
- Southbound Indian School Road off ramp closed
- Southbound 101 auxiliary lane closed Chaparral Road to Indian School Road (through traffic only, no ramp access)
Thursday June 2nd at 10 p.m. – Friday June 3rd at 9 p.m.
- Southbound Indian School Road on ramp closed
- Southbound Thomas Road off ramp closed
- Southbound 101 auxiliary lane closed Indian School Road to Thomas Road (through traffic only, no ramp access)
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions in the Phoenix area and around the state, visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511.gov or call 511. Another great way to find out more about ADOT's projects and programs to improve Arizona’s transportation system is the ADOT Blog at azdot.gov/blog.
ADOT plans and constructs new freeways, additional lanes and other improvements as part of the Regional Transportation Plan for the Maricopa County region. The primary funding source for regional freeway improvements is a half-cent sales tax approved by county voters in 2004. More information about ADOT projects and the regional plan is available at azdot.gov/PhoenixMetro.