Phoenix Metro Area Projects
Loop 101 Widening Project: Shea Boulevard to Loop 202
- 90th Street will be closed to traffic under the bridge over the weekend from 10 p.m. Friday (Feb. 27) to 6 p.m. Sunday (March 1) for concrete work overhead on the southbound bridge deck.
- McKellips Road will be closed to traffic under the bridge nightly Monday through Thursday (Feb. 23-26) from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for concrete work.
- Loop 101 northbound will be closed overnight near McKellips Road for overhead sign removal from 11 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday (March 1).
- The McKellips Road northbound off-ramp will be closed from 9 p.m. Sunday (March 1) to 5 a.m. Monday (March 9) to shift the temporary concrete barrier and restripe lanes.
- Chaparral Road Bridge will have the inner left-turn lanes under the bridge closed for approximately four weeks, beginning April 5, for bridge foundations and piers.
- Via de Ventura Bridge will have the inner left-turn lanes under the bridge closed for approximately four weeks, beginning April 12, for bridge foundations and piers.
Upcoming Long-Term Ramp Closures
- The McKellips Road northbound on-ramp and southbound off-ramp will be closed beginning Monday (March 2) for a period of 60 days to realign these ramps.
- The McKellips Road northbound off-ramp will be restricted to one lane beginning Monday (March 2) for a period of 120 days to realign the ramp.
- The Thomas Road northbound on- and off-ramps will be closed beginning Monday (March 9) for a period of 60 days to realign all four ramps.
ADOT will update these travel advisories as dates and times become available.
Please note: Project schedules are subject to change due to weather-related conditions.
In an effort to maintain a safe roadway during construction, the project team installed a pavement treatment designed to reduce loose debris and gravel accumulating on the roadway and stabilize the freeway surface through the remainder of the project. This pavement treatment was completed on Feb. 8.
If you believe you have a claim against the state, please use our Contact ADOT form to get in touch with us for more information.