Phoenix Metro Area Projects
Loop 101 Widening Project: Shea Boulevard to Loop 202
- Westbound McKellips Road access to southbound Loop 101 will be closed from 5 a.m. Thursday (Sept. 25) to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 3). Detour: Drivers can travel north on Alma School Road and head west on McDowell Road to reconnect with Loop 101.
- Eastbound McKellips Road to northbound Loop 101 will be closed from 5 a.m. Thursday (Sept. 25) to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 3). Detour: Drivers can travel north on Hayden Road and head east on McDowell Road to access the Loop 101.
- Westbound McKellips Road will be narrowed to one lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m, Tuesday through Monday (Oct. 21-27).
- Westbound Indian School Road left-turn lane to southbound Loop 101 on-ramp will be closed from 5 a.m. Tuesday (Oct. 14) to 5 a.m. Friday (Nov. 21). One of the two eastbound left-turn lanes to northbound Loop 101 will be closed as well. Detour: Drivers can head south on Dobson Road and east on Thomas Road to access southbound Loop 101.
- The left-turn lane from westbound Indian Bend Road to the southbound Loop 101 on-ramp and one of the eastbound Indian Bend Road to northbound 101 on-ramp lanes will be closed for approximately five weeks. Detour: For westbound Indian Bend Road to southbound Loop 101, travel north on Dobson Road to Via De Ventura.
- The intersection at 90th Street and Pima Road will be closed under the freeway bridge for overhead barrier and landscape wall demolition from 10 p.m. Friday (Oct. 17) to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 20). The freeway on- and off-ramps will remain open, but traffic will not be permitted to pass under the freeway in either direction. Detour: Southbound 90th Street to southbound Loop 101 on-ramp traffic will be detoured north to Shea Boulevard to access the southbound Loop 101. Northbound Pima Road to northbound Loop 101 on-ramp traffic will be detoured east on Via De Ventura to access the northbound Loop 101.
- The leftmost on- and off-ramp lanes at McDowell Road will be closed for landscape-wall demolition. This condition will result in closure of the inner eastbound McDowell Road to northbound Loop 101 on-ramp left-turn lane and both northbound and southbound Loop 101 off-ramp left-turn-only lanes. During these restrictions, the intent is to preserve all of the existing turning movements, but the number of lanes for each movement will be impacted. Work will take place every weeknight from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., Wednesday (Oct. 22) to Tuesday (Oct. 28).
- Westbound McDowell Road will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., Wednesday through Saturday (Nov.5-15).
ADOT will update these travel advisories as dates and times become available.