Work on SR 77 in Catalina North of Tucson Jan. 23-Feb. 1
Motorists traveling on SR 77 (Oracle Road), north of Oro Valley to Catalina, should be aware of the following traffic restrictions as part of a project to widen the roadway between Tangerine Road and the Pinal County line.
SR 77 is reduced to one lane nightly in both directions between Golder Ranch Drive and Pinto Lane each Sunday through Thursday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. through February for installation and removal of drainage pipe. The posted speed limit will be reduced to 25 mph as needed.
- Southbound SR 77 will be reduced to one lane between Rancho Vistoso Boulevard and Vistoso Commerce Loop from 8 p.m. Sunday (Jan. 25) to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 26) to remove temporary barrier.
- Northbound SR 77 will be reduced to one lane nightly between Tangerine Road and Wilds Road from 8 p.m. Sunday (Jan. 25) to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 26) for paving operations.
Additionally, intermittent driveway closures will continue along northbound SR 77 between Tangerine Road and Wilds Road nightly Sunday through Thursday (Jan. 25-29) from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. for paving operations. Driveway access will be maintained.
- Cloudcrest Lane and Mainsail Boulevard at SR 77 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday (Jan. 23) for pipe installation. Detour access will be maintained.
- Graham Street at SR 77 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday (Jan. 29) for pipe installation. Detour access will be maintained.
- Rancho Vistoso Boulevard at SR 77 will have law enforcement officers on-site directing traffic from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. Friday (Jan. 30) while traffic signal work is done.
- The median between Scenic Overlook Place and Wilds Road is closed through mid-February to construct a new detour.
- The median between Vistoso Commerce Loop and Ranch Vistoso Boulevard is closed through mid-February to construct a new detour.
The north- and southbound SR 77 shoulders between Tangerine Road and Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard are closed through the remainder of the project.
The following right-turn bays will remain closed until early 2015:
- Southbound SR 77 between Vistoso Commerce Loop and Tangerine Road
- Northbound SR 77 at Golder Ranch Drive and Wilds Road
- Southbound SR 77 at Thistle Road
- Eastbound traffic on Golder Ranch Drive at SR 77 will be shifted to the westbound lane on Wednesday, Feb. 11. One lane in each direction will be maintained and business access will remain.
- SR 77 traffic will be shifted to the northbound side of SR 77 between Wilds Road and Rancho Vistoso Boulevard on Wednesday, Feb. 18. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- Wilds Road at SR 77 is scheduled to be closed Feb. 25 through March 1 for installation of drainage pipe, cattle guard and paving.
The driveway work on northbound SR 77 in front of the Santa Catalina Church will continue through early 2015. Access will be maintained.
Additionally, intermittent driveway closures will continue along SR 77, north of Tangerine Road, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through summer 2015 for utility work, cattle guards and drainage pipes. Driveway access will be maintained.
Drivers, cyclists and pedestrian are urged to be cautious while traveling through the work zone.
Law enforcement will be monitoring this area as the speed limit has change to 45 mph between Tangerine Road and Eagle Crest Road.
In addition, please be aware of these traffic controls:
- Two lanes of travel in each direction will remain open through the work zone during the day.
- A speed limit of 45 mph will be maintained during the day, but it may be reduced at other times.
- There may be additional lane restrictions throughout the work boundaries as needed.
- Cyclists will need to merge safely into the traffic lane during shoulder closures.
Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
For more information about this project, please contact Paki Rico by calling 520.388.4233 or emailing PRico@azdot.gov.