SR 77 Construction North of Tucson April 17-26
Motorists traveling on SR 77 (Oracle Road), north of Oro Valley to Catalina, should be aware of the following traffic restrictions as the Arizona Department of Transportation has detoured traffic onto northbound SR 77 through summer 2015. The work is part of a project to widen the roadway between Tangerine Road and the Pinal County line.
SR 77 traffic has been shifted to the northbound side of SR 77 between Wilds Road and Vistoso Commerce Loop through summer 2015 to allow crews to construct the west side of the new wildlife overpass and underpass and widen the southbound side of SR 77. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- North- and southbound SR 77 traffic will be unable to turn left between Wilds Road and Vistoso Commerce Loop during this work. (See map.)
The lane reduction on SR 77 has been extended to Tangerine Road through summer 2015.
Rancho Vistoso Boulevard at SR 77 is reduced to one lane in each direction through Wednesday, April 22, to allow crews to rebuild the intersection.
Eagle Crest Drive will be reduced to one lane beginning Monday, April 20, for approximately two months.
Paving is scheduled to begin at Golder Ranch Road in early May.
The north- and southbound SR 77 shoulders between Tangerine Road and Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard are closed through the remainder of the project.
The following right-turn bays will remain closed through 2015:
- Southbound SR 77 between Vistoso Commerce Loop and Tangerine Road
- Southbound SR 77 at Thistle Road
- Northbound SR 77 at Golder Ranch Drive
Additionally, intermittent driveway closures will continue along SR 77, north of Tangerine Road, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through summer 2015 for installing curb, concrete driveways, grading and paving. Driveway access will be maintained.
Drivers, cyclists and pedestrian are urged to obey traffic control, stay away from where crews are working and be cautious while traveling through the work zone, especially in the detour area as shoulders will be significantly restricted.
Law enforcement will be monitoring this area as the speed limit is 45 mph between Tangerine Road and Eagle Crest Road.
In addition, please be aware of the following traffic control:
- Two lanes of travel in each direction will remain open through the work zone during the day.
- The speed limit will be 45 mph during the day, but it may be reduced at other times when lane closures are in use.
- There will be additional lane restrictions throughout the work boundaries as needed.
- Cyclists will need to merge safely into the traffic lane during shoulder closures.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur due to weather or equipment issues.
Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
For more information about this project, please contact Paki Rico by calling 520.388.4233 or emailing PRico@azdot.gov.