Work on SR 77 in Catalina, North of Tucson
Motorists traveling on SR 77 (Oracle Road), north of Oro Valley to Catalina, should be aware of the following traffic restrictions as part of a project to widen the roadway between Tangerine Road and the Pinal County line.
North- and southbound SR 77 are reduced to one lane nightly, Monday through Thursday, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. between Golder Ranch Drive and Lamb Drive for installation of drainage pipe and additional work. The posted speed limit will be reduced to 25 mph as needed.
Hawser Street at SR 77 will be closed beginning 6 a.m. Tuesday (Dec. 2) to 4 p.m. Friday (Dec. 5) for installation of drainage pipe. Traffic will be detour to Golder Ranch Drive.
The right lane on east- and westbound Rancho Vistoso Drive will be closed early Tuesday (Dec. 2) from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. to remove and install new signal lights.
North- and southbound SR 77 at Rancho Vistoso Drive will have intermittent closures on Tuesday (Dec. 2) from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. to remove and install new signal lights.
Lupine Road at SR 77 will be reduced to one lane beginning 6 a.m. Monday (Dec. 1) to 4 p.m. Wednesday (Dec. 3) to install drainage pipe. Crews will direct traffic at the intersection.
Golder Ranch Drive will be reduced to one lane in each direction Sunday night (Dec. 7) from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning to install temporary barrier at the shoulder and driveways. Business access will be maintained.
Wilds Road at SR 77 will be closed beginning 8 p.m. Thursday (Dec. 18) through 3 p.m. Wednesday (Dec. 24) to remove and install cattle guard and drainage pipe. Traffic will be detoured to Golder Ranch Drive.
The contractor will not be working Wednesday (Nov. 26) through Sunday (Nov. 30).
The following right-turn bays will remain closed until early 2015:
- Southbound SR 77 between Vistoso Commerce Loop and Tangerine Road
- Northbound SR 77 at Golder Ranch Drive
- Southbound SR 77 at Thistle Road
There will be nightly driveway closures along northbound SR 77 between Mountainaire Drive and Wilds Road from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for approximately two months.
- Mountainaire Drive at SR 77 is restricted between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily to install a cattle guard and drainage pipe through mid-December. Access will be maintained.
- The driveway work on northbound SR 77 in front of the Santa Catalina Church will continue through early next year. Access will be maintained.
- The north- and southbound SR 77 shoulders between Tangerine Road and Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard are closed through the remainder of the project.
Additionally, intermittent driveway closures will continue along SR 77, north of Tangerine Road, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through early December for utility work and installation of cattle guards. Driveway access will be maintained.
Drivers, cyclists and pedestrian are urged to be cautious while traveling through the work zone.
Law enforcement will be monitoring this area as the speed limit has change to 45 mph between Tangerine Road and Eagle Crest Road.
In addition, please be aware of the following additional traffic control:
- Two lanes of travel in each direction maintained through the work zone during the day
- 45 mph during the day, but may be reduced at other times
- Additional lane restrictions throughout the work boundaries as needed
- The need for cyclists to merge safely onto the traffic lane during shoulder closures
Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
For more information about this project, please call Paki Rico at 520.388.4233, email PRico@azdot.gov or visit the website.