Update: SR 77 Construction North of Tucson to Be Completed Summer 2016
The construction on SR 77 (Oracle Road) between Tangerine Road and the Pinal County line will be complete by summer
2016 as follows:
- Final paving will be completed in June.
- Final striping will be completed in July.
The project includes these improvements:
- An additional 12-foot wide travel lane in each direction for a total of six travel lanes throughout the project area
- 10-foot wide shoulders allowing cyclists to use widened shoulders (7 feet wide with curb in Catalina)
- Raised-center medians and left-turn lanes in the Catalina area
- Retaining walls
- Sound barriers
- Traffic signal improvements
- Drainage improvements
- Shared-use path on the east side of Oracle Road from Wilds Road to Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard
- Two wildlife crossing structures
Seeding and drainage work will continue in the project area through end of February. For this reason, speed limits will be maintained for construction zone speed (40 mph from Tangerine Road to Rancho Vistoso Boulevard and 35 mph from Rancho Vistoso Boulevard to Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard). Speed limits will be raised to their original speed in late February.
For more information about this project, please contact Paki Rico by calling 520.388.4233 or emailing PRrico@azdot.gov.