Work on Northbound SR 77
Drivers, cyclists and pedestrians are urged to be cautious while traveling through the northbound Oracle Road (State Route 77) between Tangerine and the Pinal County line work zone. Please be aware of the following additional traffic controls:
- Two lanes of travel in each direction will be maintained through the work zone during the day.
- A speed limit of 45 mph will be in effect during the day, but may be reduced at other times.
- There will be additional lane restrictions throughout the work boundaries as needed.
- Cyclists will need to merge safely onto the traffic lane during shoulder closures.
- Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
- The multiuse path between Wilds Road and Golder Ranch Road will remain closed through fall 2014.
- DPS officers will be present to ensure all drivers adhere to the speed limit through the work zone.
Once completed, there will be a new travel lane in each direction. Additional improvements include widening the shoulders making it easier for cyclists to ride in the area, raised medians, traffic signal improvements and a shared-use path on the east side of Oracle Road from Wilds Road to Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard. Two wildlife crossing structures will also be constructed as a part of the project, which are designed to keep motorists safe by reducing vehicle-animal collisions.
Construction is anticipated to be completed by spring 2016.
For more information, please visit azdot.gov/TangerinetoPinal, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the ADOT project information line at 855.712.8530.