Southeast District Projects
Intersection Improvement Project at Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Road 6 and US 70 on the San Carlos Apache Reservation
The Arizona Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and San Carlos Apache Tribe are making improvements to enhance safety and traffic flow at the intersection of BIA Road 6 and US 70. The project is located on the San Carlos Apache Reservation in Gila County, approximately seven miles southeast of Globe.
Work includes the following:
- Constructing a right‐turn lane for westbound US 70 to northbound BIA 6
- Constructing an acceleration lane for traffic entering westbound US 70 from southbound BIA 6
- Installing a drainage culvert
- Milling and replacing pavement on US 70 and BIA 6
- Replacing the existing cattle guard across BIA 6
- Removing and replacing the existing guardrail and fencing
- Other improvement work
Call the ADOT Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or email [email protected] with questions or comments.
If you would like to be notified via email for project information and traffic alerts, please subscribe for email updates.