The Affirmative Action Program is responsible for implementing the Arizona Department of Transportation's (ADOT) Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) to ensure these qualities in its workforce:
- ADOT's workforce is reflective of the diverse available civilian labor force within Arizona.
- Females and minorities are fully utilized at all levels and all segments of ADOT's workforce where deficiencies may exist.
- Equal employment opportunity and affirmative action practices are monitored and evaluated for effective implementation agency-wide.
This is the mission of the Affirmative Action program:
- Be a resource for creating a workplace free of discrimination and harassment through preventive measures that identify and correct past discrimination.
- Coordinate ongoing efforts to eliminate all discriminatory practices within the workplace that may occur.
- Coordinate efforts in recruiting and promoting a diverse workforce.
- Coordinate applicant and employee requests for reasonable accommodation to facilitate full, fair and equal participation in all ADOT employment actions.
ADOT is committed to the principles and spirit of equal employment opportunity in accordance with nondiscrimination laws, regulations and agency policies, including the following:
- Title 23 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 230, Subpart C, Appendix A, Part II
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act of 2008
- ADOT's Internal ADA policy PER-2.01
- Affirmative Action Plan (AAP)
- Director's Assurance
David Eagles, Sr.
Affirmative Action Program Manager