Engineering and Construction

Utility and Railroad Engineering

Utility Coordination

Accommodating Utilities on Highway Rights of Way

The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is charged with the responsibility of constructing and maintaining Arizona’s highways. The purpose of this guide is to consolidate the guidelines and procedures adopted by ADOT, Intermodal Division, for the accommodation of utilities on highway rights-of-way. All utility installations above or below ground are regulated by ADOT through the establishment and enforcement of these guidelines contained herein. Your cooperation in compliance with these standards is requested.

Utility Coordination Guide for Design Consultants

Many of ADOT's design consultants are being asked to coordinate utility, design and construction issues for highway projects. This guide is intended to provide the consultant designer with helpful hints and advice on how to coordinate utilities on ADOT projects and ultimately write a Utility Clearance Letter.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.