Established Dec. 5, 2013, as a communication initiative among local public agencies, the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Arizona Division. The council is inclusive of rural and urban membership. It is comprised of 26 members: representatives from local public agencies, FHWA, councils of government (COGs) and metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs).
- To pursue enhanced communication through the establishment of a stakeholder council for the Local Public Agencies (LPA) Program in Arizona
- Open up the communication dialogue on topics important to LPAs per FHWA-funded projects
The stakeholder council will
- have opportunities to learn and share information.
- be a conduit for communication and information to and from their networks.
- improve communication between ADOT and LPAs.
- not be afraid to ask for information.
- serve a one-year term limit with the option to serve one additional year.
The council began dialogue with focus areas identified within five categories: finance, environmental, right of way, administration and other, considering these questions:
- Where is the opportunity for change?
- Where does the law not allow us (constraint)?
The expectation is to meet quarterly in Phoenix, Arizona.
Please visit the FHWA site for more information.