Media Center


ADOT News Release

For additional information:

ADOT Media Relations



Improvements being made to US 180 in Flagstaff

New roadway surface, drainage systems, turn lanes among improvements
June 05, 2014

PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation is making improvements to a seven-mile stretch of US 180 in Flagstaff that will include new turning lanes and pavement.

Crews have already begun work on the shoulder of the road in preparation for the project, which stretches from Columbus Avenue to just past Bader Road.

Work on US 180 will involve repaving the road surface, adding or modifying turn lanes, upgrading the drainage systems and replacing guardrail. The project is anticipated to be complete by fall 2014.

Beginning the week of June 9, drivers can expect delays and lane restrictions while traveling through the project area. Motorists interested in traveling to see the Grand Canyon can use Interstate 40 to State Route 64 west of Flagstaff as an alternate route.

For more information on this project, please visit Members of the public can also email or call the project hotline at 855-712-8530.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil RightsTitle VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 y la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés), el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT por sus siglas en inglés) no discrimina por raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, género o discapacidad.  Personas que requieren asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o por discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más pronto posible para asegurar que el equipo encargado del proyecto tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.