Media Center


ADOT News Release

For additional information:

ADOT Media Relations



Irrigation pipe installation means no turns at Yuma intersection

Only through traffic at Avenue 3E, US 95 during work
January 06, 2017

YUMA – The intersection of Avenue 3E and US 95 in Yuma will be open to through traffic only – no turns permitted –  for about the next four weeks as Arizona Department of Transportation crews install a 48-inch irrigation pipe.

The work is part of a $3.2 million project to widen and improve both roads on Yuma’s east side.

Construction of a 48-inch, reinforced-concrete irrigation pipe across US 95 is scheduled for completion on Jan. 20.  

During that period, right and left turns will be prohibited at US 95 and Avenue 3E; only through traffic can be accommodated during this phase of work. ADOT encourages drivers to use alternate routes and allow extra time.

ADOT is widening and resurfacing both roads to reduce congestion and improve the surface on roads that are heavily used by commercial truckers. The entire project is scheduled to be completed by August.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil RightsTitle VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 y la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés), el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT por sus siglas en inglés) no discrimina por raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, género o discapacidad.  Personas que requieren asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o por discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más pronto posible para asegurar que el equipo encargado del proyecto tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.