Media Center


ADOT News Release

For additional information:

ADOT Media Relations



State Route 377 closed for railroad crossing upgrade week of May 14

Drivers can detour through Snowflake to travel between Holbrook and SR 260
May 02, 2018

PHOENIX – State Route 377 will be closed between Holbrook and the junction with State Route 277, about 5 miles northeast of Heber-Overgaard, during the week of May 14 while the Apache Railway Co. replaces a railroad crossing, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.

SR 377 Closure-Detour MapThat 34-mile stretch will close at 4 a.m. Monday, May 14, and remain closed through mid-afternoon Friday, May 18, while the railroad upgrades the crossing in a project approved by the Arizona Corporation Commission. The work will occur at milepost 33.5 along SR 377 in Holbrook.

Those traveling between Holbrook and Heber-Overgaard can use SR 277 and SR 77 through Snowflake.

ADOT will be manning the closure around the clock at each end. Those with homes off of SR 377 will be allowed through the closure.

After the railroad crossing upgrade is complete, ADOT will tie in the existing roadway for a smooth transition.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.