Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Work on Loop 101 widening project is underway

If your commute includes the Loop 101 between Shea Boulevard and Loop 202 (Red Mountain), you’ve probably noticed the start of some construction work…

It’s all part of a project we told you about last month that will add one new lane in each direction. There’s also a new northbound Loop 101 lane that will be constructed between the Loop 202 interchange and McDowell Road to improve freeway-to-freeway traffic flow. Other features, including merge lanes, lighting, signs and rubberized asphalt are a part of the plans too.

Get all the project details in our previous post or by visiting the project page. You can also check out our latest video (the one at the top of this page!) to see what drivers should expect through the project’s duration.

As work continues, we’ll be sure to keep you updated on the progress. And don’t forget, you can always get project info and traffic alerts on the project Web page.
Posted by Angela DeWelles   |  Labels:  Construction, Loop-101, Video


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.