Friday, October 16, 2015

ADOT builds new pedestrian underpass on SR 189

It’s not just about building and maintaining highways, here at ADOT...

The agency actually takes on a number of projects related to other things, like pedestrians, bicyclistswildlife and even the occasional boat.

Today’s video highlights one of those projects by focusing on the work being done to complete a new pedestrian underpass, designed to separate the movements of pedestrians and commercial trucks leaving the Mariposa Port of Entry on the Arizona/Mexico border in Nogales.

ADOT Resident Engineer Dan Casmer explains in the video that, when completed, the new structure will measure 350 feet long and will contain an internal lighting system and closed circuit television system.

“By year’s end we will be able to serve pedestrians more safely and more efficiently," Casmer says of the underpass. "It will also improve the efficiency of commercial goods entering the United States from Mexico,”

Find more on the Arizona ports of entry on our website.
Posted by Angela DeWelles   |  Labels:  pedestrians, Port-of-Entry, Video


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.