Monday, February 13, 2017

If you can't find Love, try driving to Valentine


By Caroline Carpenter / ADOT Communications

Looking for someplace out of the way to take your dear one? How about Love or Valentine?

If you’ve never heard of these two Arizona towns, it might be worth a road trip with your beloved.


Love is just off US 60, east of Salome. It was once called Lockhart but was renamed in honor of Ernest Love, who was killed during World War I. For more interesting spots along US 60, read our US 60 Road Trip blog.

For another romantic drive, you can visit Valentine, at the intersection of State Route 66 and Valentine Way, 30 miles east of Kingman. It's named for Robert G. Valentine, former commissioner of Indian Affairs. In 2016, Valentine reported a population of 38.

These tiny towns may not have a lot of restaurant options, so pack a picnic just in case and share a picture of your adventure via Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or Facebook (

You can click on either map for a larger view.

Posted by Caroline Carpenter   |  Labels:  love, Road-Trip, sr-66, US-60, valentine


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.