Commercial Driver License Examination Program

Authorization Information

Regulations, Restrictions and Requirements


An Authorized Third Party (ATP) Commercial Driver License Examination provider is an entity contracted and authorized by the department to administer class A, B or C driver license skills tests. The Authorized Third Party must employ at least one certified commercial driver license examiner.

Entities who request authorization to function as an Authorized Third Party Commercial Driver License provider must undergo a criminal-history check and comply with the department's requirements for bond, insurance, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Performance measures are compiled regularly to track the amount and type of work performed. Compliance auditors monitor the work for adherence to federal and state statutes, rules and policies.

Arizona Revised Statutes

Title 28, Chapter 13

Arizona Administrative codes

Title 17, Chapter 7, Article 2, 3 and 6

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

49 CFR Part 383

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.