Traffic Alerts - I-17 TI Reconstruction - Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak

Increased construction work at Happy Valley Road

The Arizona Department of Transportation advises motorists to allow extra travel time and be prepared to use detours while the following closures and restrictions are in place:

Lane and ramp restrictions – Sunday, Feb. 16 through Friday, Feb. 21

  • North and southbound I-17 will be narrowed to one or two lanes nightly from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads beginning Sunday, Feb. 16, and continuing through the morning of Friday, Feb. 21.
  • The southbound I-17 Pinnacle Peak Road on-ramp will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. beginning Tuesday, Feb. 18, through Friday morning. Drivers can use Rose Garden Lane/Deer Valley Road to access southbound I-17.
  • The northbound I-17 Pinnacle Peak Road exit ramp will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. beginning Tuesday and continuing through Friday morning. The frontage road will remain open. Drivers can use the Rose Garden Lane/Deer Valley Road exit instead.

 Full closures – Friday, Feb. 21 through Sunday, Feb. 23

  • North and southbound Interstate 17 and east- and westbound Happy Valley Road at I-17 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, to 10 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 23. The on- and off-ramps at I-17 and Happy Valley Road will remain open. Detours: North and southbound drivers can use the Happy Valley Road off- and on-ramps to exit and re-enter I-17 or use 19th Avenue between Rose Garden Lane/Deer Valley Road and Happy Valley Road. East and westbound drivers can use Pinnacle Peak or Jomax roads.

Stay Informed

Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. Subscribe to receive project updates and traffic alerts by email. For more information, please call the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or submit a question or comment by email. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.