Data and Analysis

Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS)

Another principal responsibility of ADOT's Data Section is administering a federal highway program known as the Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS). Required of each state and U.S. territory by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the HPMS is the national database of highway information. Roadway extent, use, condition and performance data are collected by and for the states and submitted to the FHWA on an annual basis. From a national perspective, the FHWA's primary intent with this program is to provide Congress with a policy tool for major highway legislation and funding decisions.

Note: It is not possible to produce and post the previous year's statistics until July of the following year.

Last update Oct. 12, 2016

Daily Vehicle Miles of Travel (DVMT) by County

Composite, multiyear statewide Arizona travel statistics: 1976-2013.

Public Highway Length and Travel Tables with demographics by rural/urban designation and highway functional classification.

Aggregate Rural and Small Urban Areas (Tables 1)

Individual Urbanized Areas (Tables 2)

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.