Transportation Studies

State Route 260 from Overgaard to U.S. Route 60

The Arizona Department of Transportation, in coordination with the Federal Highway Administration and the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest, has initiated a study to identify alternatives that would improve traffic flow on SR 260 from Columbia Lane east of Overgaard to the intersection of US 60 in Show Low. The alternatives will include concepts such as constructing additional lanes and consolidating access points in the study area.

The study will evaluate improvements to the existing roadway that would provide for current and future traffic demands in the region. The alternatives will be evaluated for potential environmental, social and economic impacts. The study results will be used to help ADOT plan for the future transportation needs of the region.

The purpose is to develop a long-range plan to provide added capacity to and improve operations on SR 260 from east of Overgaard at milepost 309.4 to the intersection of US 60 in Show Low at milepost 340.1.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.