The Arizona Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration are performing bridge deck replacement and repair work on four Interstate 40 bridges that carry traffic over Interstate 17 and Beulah Boulevard within the city of Flagstaff in Coconino County. The purpose of the project is to replace three bridge decks and approach slabs, increase the bridge cross slopes, and retrofit one bridge deck with an overlay. The project will also include guardrail and paving work.
Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-February 2018 and is scheduled to be complete late 2018.
What to Expect:
- Construction seven days a week with both day and night work, according to project phasing
- Overnight, one-direction closures on Beulah Boulevard beneath I-40
- Rolling night closures of I-17, according to phasing
- Ramp closures
- The southbound I-17 to eastbound I-40 ramp is scheduled to be closed in two-week increments at the end of June, end of July and end of October
- The northbound I-17 to westbound I-40 ramp is closed through December
Drivers should follow posted detour route signage for access during closures.
ADOT is scheduled to host informational sessions for the public from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on April 9, May 8, June 12 and July 10. These open houses will be at ADOT’s facility at 1901 S. Milton Road in Flagstaff. Project team members will be available to provide information and answer questions on the construction schedule and traffic impacts.
For more information:
Contact Mackenzie Kirby, Community Relations project manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 928.525.6494. Please subscribe to receive project updates and traffic alerts by email.
ADOT Project Information Line: 855.712.8530