Expect delays at various locations in Northern Arizona through late June.
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan for delays at multiple locations while crews apply a “fog-seal” that will help extend the life of the pavement on several highways.
Beginning Wednesday, May 15, crews will disperse to various locations on state highways in northern Arizona to perform the roadway maintenance work that is scheduled to last six weeks. At locations with two lanes in each direction, crews will narrow the roadway to one lane in either or both directions. At locations with one lane in each direction, traffic will be narrowed to one lane only and pilot cars will guide traffic through the work zone.
Work is scheduled on weekdays from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays, and from 5 a.m. to noon Fridays. No work will occur on weekends or holidays.
The various locations are:
State Route 87:
- South of Payson, between milepost 231 and 242
- South of Winslow, between milepost 322 and 330
State Route 260:
- Payson, between milepost 252 and 263
- Leaving Payson towards Heber, between milepost 269 and 283
- Eager, between milepost 385 and 399
- East of Holbrook, between milepost 290 and 297 and between milepost 303 and 319
- West of Williams, between milepost 152 and 157
- East of Flagstaff, between milepost 217 and 220
- West of Flagstaff, between milepost 190 and 195
- East of Winslow, between milepost 259 and 268
- North of Camp Verde, between milepost 293 and 312
US 89A: this work will occur at night between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Sedona, between milepost 370 and 375
State Route 99:
- South of Winslow, between milepost 27 and 42
- North of Winslow, between milepost 53 and 72
- West of Tuba City, between milepost 311 and 320
- North of Tonalea, between milepost 358 and 362
- South of Page, between milepost 517 and 533
Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and watch for construction personnel and equipment.