The Arizona Department of Transportation is making bridge deck improvements to Jack’s Canyon Bridge (mileposts 329 to 331) on State Route 87, approximately 12 miles south of Winslow in Coconino County. Construction on the bridge includes removing and replacing the existing bridge deck and barrier walls, resurfacing the bridge approaches, and applying new roadway striping. This construction is anticipated to be completed winter, 2017.
Motorists will encounter a temporary traffic signal to allow for alternating lanes of travel while construction is underway. There is potential for stop-and-go traffic along SR 87 at the signal locations. A 10-foot width restriction will also be in place.
- Construction begins June, 2017.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction for approximately ¼ mile.
- Access across the bridge will be permitted at all times, with loads restricted to 10’ maximum width.
- Work to be performed during daylight hours, Monday – Thursday.
- Construction is anticipated to be completed winter, 2017.
- Speeds reduced and roadway narrowed – Drive with caution.