The Arizona Department of Transportation will begin a pavement-improvement project on State Route 89 from the US 93/SR 89 junction to State Route 71 (mileposts 262 to 267) in Congress. The work is scheduled to begin in late March and continue through the end of May.
This $2.6 million project includes replacing the existing asphalt with a new layer of smooth, rubberized asphalt, shoulder build-up, new pavement markers, drainage improvements and other miscellaneous work.
What to Expect
- Construction is scheduled to begin in late March 2017 and continue through the end of May.
- Work will occur Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Periodic lane restrictions are expected and drivers will be guided through the work zone with a pilot car. Minor delays are expected.
- Construction activity will occur during the day with trucks entering and exiting the roadway. Drivers are encouraged to use extra caution through the work zone.
- Schedules are subject to change because of weather or other unforeseen factors.
information, please contact the ADOT Project Information Line at 855.712.8530
or email Projects@azdot.gov.