Northwest District Projects
SR 89: Yarnell Hill Safety Improvement Project
The Arizona Department of Transportation in conjunction with the Federal Highway Administration will improve roadway safety and pavement conditions along State Route 89 just south of Yarnell in Yavapai County. The improvements and repairs will occur between milepost 271 and milepost 276 and include the following:
- Mill and replace pavement on northbound SR 89
- Remove and replace existing guardrail
- Install new rumble strips on the right shoulder of northbound SR 89
- Install recessed pavement markers
- Remove and replace existing signs and install temporary and permanent signs
- Re-establish pavement markings
- Construct shoulder buildup at select locations
Construction is scheduled to begin in March 2019 and last approximately six months. The project will occur within ADOT right-of-way and on ADOT easements on lands administered by the Arizona State Land Department and the Bureau of Land Management.
For more Information:
Phone: Call Deborrah Miller, Community Relations project manager, ADOT Northwest District, 928.777.5968 or the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855.712.8530.
Project Area Map