Northwest District Projects

US 60: Wenden to Aguila / Centennial Wash to Aguila


The Arizona Department of Transportation in conjunction with the Federal Highway Administration is planning to make roadway and bridge improvements along a 23-mile stretch of US 60 between the communities of Wenden and Aguila. The improvements and repairs include the following:

  • Milling and replacing existing pavement
  • Applying a chip-seal coat in various sections of the roadway
  • Building up the roadway shoulder with pavement millings
  • Replacing existing bridge barrier and guardrail
  • Installing handrail on top of a retaining wall

Construction is anticipated to begin in December 2018 and last approximately 12 months. The project will occur within ADOT right-of-way and adjacent to private lands. The purpose of this project is to improve roadway safety and smoothness and to remove and replace outdated bridge components along US 60.

For more Information:

Deborrah Miller,
Community Relations project manager,
ADOT Northwest District

Phone: 928.777.5986

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.