Southwest District Projects

Business Route 8 and 4th Avenue Gateway

The Arizona Department of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration are working to improve Business Route 8 and the 4th Avenue Gateway in Yuma County.


Artist’s rendering of improvements to the area.

A $773,000 improvement project is scheduled to begin in spring 2017 and last approximately seven months. ADOT will add a right-turn lane and 10-foot wide, colored-concrete shared-use path from 1st Avenue along the east side of 4th Avenue to the existing Yuma Canal Bridge. The project also includes upgrading and refurnishing existing lighting; installing signage; landscaping and rehabilitating the Yuma Crossing concrete historic land marker.

Traffic Impacts

Drivers should expect lane restrictions while work in underway; however ADOT will maintain two-way traffic on 4th Avenue and access to businesses throughout the duration of the project.

If you would like to receive project updates and traffic alerts, subscribe for email updates.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil RightsTitle VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 y la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés), el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT por sus siglas en inglés) no discrimina por raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, género o discapacidad.  Personas que requieren asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o por discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más pronto posible para asegurar que el equipo encargado del proyecto tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.