Mobile Home Information

MVD is responsible for issuing certificates of title to mobile homes.   There is a $7 title fee for each section of the mobile home.  Mobile homes that are affixed to real property are not issued titles by MVD.

To apply for a mobile home title, contact MVD and upload applicable documents in your AZ MVD Now account.  

When completing an affidavit of affixture, you will surrender to MVD the title(s) to the mobile home, and MVD will issue a receipt for the surrender of the title(s).

Contact information: 

Mobile Home Support Unit
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 1801 W Jefferson St., 
Phoenix, AZ  85007, 542M

Other resources for mobile home owners: 

  • County Assessor - determines the value of a mobile home for the collection of property taxes
  • County Treasurer - collects property taxes
  • County Recorder - the office where an Affidavit of Affixture is filed and recorded
  • Arizona Department of Housing - maintains standards of safety for mobile homes
  • ADOT permits - issues permits for the movement of a mobile home on state highways

FAQ: Mobile Home Certificate of Title

What documents do you need to transfer a mobile home?

A signed and notarized bill of sale or mobile home title, a complete and signed title application, and any other documents that support your transfer.

How much is a mobile home title?

Each section of a mobile home will have a title. The cost of a title is $7.00, so if it is a double wide mobile home, the cost would be $14.00.

Are there late fees, and how much are they?

Late fees accrue after 30 days past the sale date and are $8.00 for the first month and $4.00 for every additional month with a maximum penalty of $100.

How do I add funds and upload documents to my account?

In order to add funds to your account, log in to AZ MVD Now and go to “My Account,” then “Fund Account.” To upload documents go to “My Account,” then “See All Documents,” then “Upload.”

How can I affix my mobile home?

To affix the mobile home, fill out the top section of an Affidavit of Affixture form, and surrender your titles to an MVD agent, who will process the form. You will receive a receipt for your surrendered titles. The Affidavit of Affixiture and receipt will need to be filed with your County Recorder’s office.