Fast Facts from MVD
Fast Facts from MVD
Public Motor Vehicle Services
Driver licenses in Arizona
|Drivers licensed by ADOT MVD||*5,678,867||*5,873,322||5,850,390|
|Commercial driver licenses||112,096||114,250||119,293|
* Driver licenses number previously included identification cards. Recent updates exclude these counts.
Vehicles Registered in Arizona
|vehicles registered||* 7,828,255||* 7,444,032||7,764,367|
* Vehicle registrations included an "unassigned category" for law enforcement's use and also included disability placards. Recent updates excluded these counts.
|Alternate Fuel and Hybrid Vehicles||37,477||63,147||102,793|
|electric vehicles (only)||34,898||40,964||58,219|
MVD Customers, Transactions and Revenues
|Customers Served||2.7 million||2.6 million||2.8 million|
|Transactions||15 million||15 million||14.6 million|
|Online Transactions||$832 million||$861 million||$810 million|
|Authorized Third Parties||$632 million||$598 million||$677 million|
|ADOT field offices||$157 million||$190 million||$210 million|
|other sources||$70.2 million||$84 million||$73 million|
|Total Revenue collected||$1.69 billion||$1.73 billion||$1.77 billion|
Permitting, Inspections & Enforcement
Enforcement and Compliance Division (ECD) Function/Staffing Levels
- ECD consists of Office of the Inspector General and Enforcement Services Bureau
- 260 police officer detective and civilian positions statewide
Ports of Entry
Manages 15 ports of entry statewide
Ports of entry monitor all commercial traffic entering Arizona for registration, taxes, size and weight restrictions, commercial driver license requirements, insurance requirements, and equipment safety requirements, and issue permits as required.
- ADOT-ECD manages a unit of five K-9s to support operations and respond to requests from city and county agencies.
- Officers are trained to interdict drugs, money and human trafficking.
- The program has interdicted one of the largest drug seizures in Mohave County (1,100 lbs).
Border Liaison Unit
- The Unit conducts workshops in Mexico and the United States
- Partners with the motor carrier industry and provides workshops and instructional classes
- Promotes and ensures the safe, efficient movement of people, goods and services through Arizona's southern international ports of entry while promoting compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations