Out-of-State Vehicles

Live Chat with MVD

Save time. Skip the wait. Chat with an MVD expert.

The following is required to obtain an Arizona title, registration and license plate for a vehicle previously titled or registered in another state. This is general information only. For additional information, see our Vehicle Services FAQ.

Out-of-State Vehicle Title and Registration

  • To title and register your out-of-state vehicle, you must have these items:
  • A completed, signed Title and Registration Application
  • An emissions compliance form (Phoenix and Tucson areas only)
  • A Level I vehicle inspection, if out-of-state title and/or registration is missing
  • An out-of-state title (or registration, if title is held by lienholder)
  • Out-of-state license plates
  • A lien clearance, if applicable
  • Power of Attorney from the lessor (original or certified copy), if leased vehicle
  • Payment of all applicable title and registration fees