Your aircraft registration and decal will be mailed to you within five (5) business days.
If you received your aircraft registration form at your current mailing address, then your address is correct.
If you did not receive your aircraft registration form, or the address information shown on the form is not correct, you will need to complete a change of address. You will have the option to update or change your mailing address while renewing your aircraft.
If your aircraft is no longer based in Arizona, please contact the Aircraft Registration Unit at 602.712.6995.
Your fees on online may be different from the amount printed on your aircraft renewal notice due to one or all of these reasons:
- A penalty fee is assessed when a payment is not received by the last day of February. The penalty fee is $25 for the first month and $5 for each succeeding month until fees are paid.
- If you are renewing the aircraft late and the next-year registration fees have been assessed, then the fees displayed online will be prior year, current year and any accrued penalty fees.
The penalty fee for late renewal is described in ARS 28-8329A:
If an aircraft required to be registered under this article is not registered within sixty days after its entry into this state and renewed annually on or before the last day of February, a penalty of twenty-five dollars for this first month and five dollars for each succeeding month of delinquency shall be added to the registration fee and collected unless an exemption for the aircraft is established pursuant to this article.
You may pay with a valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover card or eCheck.
Please Note: All transactions processed on weekends, holidays or after 4:30 p.m. PT will be posted on the next business day.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Aircraft Registration Unit by calling 602.712.6995 or by emailing [email protected].
- Enter the aircraft FAA Number and manufactured year.
- Verify aircraft and owner information.
- View fees due.
- Pay fees due.
- View and print the confirmation page.
- Complete a short survey.
- Have one of these payment types ready: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or eCheck.
Anyone can renew online unless an exemption is being claimed.
An aircraft exemption cannot be filed electronically. Exemption forms must be notarized and mailed to the Motor Vehicle Division Aircraft Registration Unit at the address on the form.
- All exemptions must be claimed by the last day of February or within 60 days of purchasing the aircraft.
- The aircraft may be eligible for an exemption if it falls into one of these categories:
- Native American
- Stored or repaired aircraft
- Salvage aircraft
Aircraft and Airports
The law requires you to provide your current mailing address. Your aircraft registration and decal will be mailed to the address we have on file. Please ensure that your address is correct before renewing your aircraft. If your decal is mailed to the wrong address, we will need to reissue, and this may result in a $4 fee.
- The aircraft FAA number and manufactured year
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover card or checking account.
- Your bank routing number, your bank account number and the name on your bank account for an eCheck transaction