Checks are now being mailed directly from the Arizona Department of Administration and we are no longer able to attach a copy of the refund application to the check. Please keep a copy of your application for your records.
Refunds are available for Arizona state tax paid on fuel that is
- for a licensed vendor to request the 8¢ per gallon tax refund on diesel fuel sold or dispensed into light class or exempt use class vehicles.
Use Fuel is Diesel Fuel,
Motor Vehicle Fuel is Gasoline.
- for IFTA carriers.
- for a licensed fuel exporter to request refund of fuel taxes paid on fuel shipped or diverted to another state in bulk by truck.
- to list the equipment upon which a refund application is made.
- to request a refund on fuel taxes for off-road and nonvehicle use of diesel fuel.
- to request the 8¢ per gallon tax refund for bulk diesel fuel sold or dispensed to light class or exempt-use class vehicles.
- for a tribal government to request a fuel tax refund for vehicles or equipment leased/owned and operated for the sole benefit of a tribal government.
- to list the vehicles fueling at an unstaffed (cardlock) dispensing location or vehicles being fueled by a mobile fueler which qualify for the light class or exempt use class tax rate.
- to request a refund on fuel taxes for off-road and nonvehicle use of unleaded fuel, and to request the tax refund for fuel used by an aircraft.
- for an enrolled member of an American Indian tribe to request a refund for fuel purchased and used on a reservation.
- to request a refund on taxes paid on fuel purchased in compliance with the Arizona Commerce Authority, Healthy Forest Enterprise Incentives Program.
- to request a refund on taxes paid due to fuel loss caused by fire, theft, accident or contamination.