Please be advised that changes are coming to the registration documents and license plate decals for vehicle fleets.
Effective July 22, 2021, newly printed fleet vehicle registration documents will indicate “FLEET” where the expiration date would normally be listed and the license plate decal will indicate “PERM FLT”.
This is intended to alleviate confusion with regard to individual vehicle registration expiration dates. All vehicles within a fleet are renewed simultaneously each year. Law enforcement will continue to be able to view specific vehicle registration dates in their system.
These changes will begin for vehicle registrations printed on or after July 22, 2021 and will occur as each fleet renews over the subsequent twelve months. Some fleet vehicles will still have the old version of the registration documents and those will be replaced over the next twelve months. They may also still have “PERM” decals that will still be valid.
All vehicles added to fleets and fleet renewals processed after July 22, 2021 will have the new “FLEET” registrations and “PERM FLT” decals automatically mailed out.
As an alternative to maintaining individual registrations that expire at different times of the year, anyone owning two or more vehicles is eligible for a fleet registration account. The registration for all vehicles in the fleet account will have the same expiration date. Payment for fleet registration fees are required annually.
There are three options for creating and maintaining fleets:
- Go to AZMVDNow.gov to create and manage your own fleet(s). If you are an organization who wants to activate your AZ MVD Now account to set up and manage a fleet, go here.
- Apply with MVD Fleet Services - they will assist you in the set up and renewals of your fleet(s).
- Work with an Authorized Third Party (ATP) to have them assist you in the set up and renewals of your fleet(s)
Who is eligible?
Anyone owning two or more vehicles is eligible for a permanent fleet registration.
Vehicles in the fleet must be titled in the name of the person/organization who is creating and managing a Fleet.
NOTE: A vehicle cannot be added to a fleet until it's within three months of the vehicle’s current expiration date.
What are the benefits?
- Registration is paid for all vehicles in the fleet at the same time each year with a single payment.
- You choose the expiration month (month of payment) that best suits your finances.
- One PERM (permanent) tab and a permanent registration card issued per vehicle, which is not replaced at the time of registration renewal.
- One registration is initially issued per vehicle as usual, but is not replaced each year.
- You pay your annual fees, and the process is complete.
- You can create and manage your own fleet(s) using AZMVDNow.gov.
How do I apply?
No application necessary if you create and manage your own fleet via AZMVDNow.gov.
If you choose to apply with MVD Fleet Services or an Authorized Third Party, submit a Permanent/Allocated Perm Fleet Application, a Permanent/Allocated Perm Fleet Supplement, and Power of Attorney-Permanent/Allocated form. (Power Of Attorney is required when the contact person is not listed as an Applicant on the PERM Fleet Application).
View instructions for how to complete the Allocated Perm Fleet forms.
PO BOX 2100 Mail Drop 526M
Phoenix, AZ 85001.
You may also drop off the application and supporting documents in a sealed envelope at the following location:
1801 W. JEFFERSON ST. PHOENIX, AZ 85007
Note: If you are working with an Authorized Third Party Provider, please submit your applications and all supporting documents to them.
For heavyweight vehicles over 55,000 lbs gross vehicle weight, you must include a copy of IRS Form 2290 (Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Form with Schedule I) that has been filed with the Internal Revenue Service. Normal emissions testing and insurance requirements apply.
Does fleet registration cost the same?
A one-time $2 identification fee is charged for each vehicle when it is added to a fleet.
Note: If you close your Fleet account and then re-open your Fleet account, there will be a $2.00 ID Fee per vehicle to re-open the Fleet account.
Will my vehicles still have to be emissions tested?
Establishing a permanent fleet does not change the emissions requirements. If your vehicle required emissions testing prior to being added to the fleet, it will still be required.
For additional questions please visit the ADEQ Website at myazcar.com.
How are fleet vehicles renewed?
This varies based on if you are utilizing AZ MVD Now to manage your own fleet(s) or if you are having MVD Fleet Services or an Authorized Third Party assisting you.
>Using AZ MVD Now
>Using MVD Fleet Services or an Authorized Third Party
Each year prior to the fleet expiration you should run a fee breakdown for all vehicles in the fleet. This breakdown will also indicate which vehicles in the fleet have outstanding requirements (emissions requirements, Form 2290 due, etc.). This report can be generated using an activated AZ MVD Now account or by contacting the MVD Fleet Services unit at [email protected].
- Fleet account(s) are renewed on an annual basis and are not eligible for a two year registration.
- If you are a qualifying organization under 26 U.S.C. § 501(c) with an exemption, please contact your Fleet Service provider.
- Ensure all emissions have been completed before renewing your Fleet vehicles (if applicable).
- If you have a Form 2290 requirement log in to AZ MVD Now and upload the form(s) to your organization’s Document Center or email to mvfcu.azdot.gov.
Can I make partial payments?
No. The entire amount must be paid in full.
What about postage fees?
When a vehicle is added to a Fleet, the postage fees for mailing the PERM FLT tab and FLEET Registration card will be charged.
How can I make my registration payment?
There are several options available but all require payment in full.
- Login to AZ MVD Now and manage and pay for your fleet renewal with a credit card or e-check/ACH for payments of $2,000 or less, or e-check/ACH for payments over $2,000.
- Pay in person in an MVD office by cash, check or credit card.
- Pay over the phone (602.712.8809) by credit card.
- If you are assigned to an Authorized Third Party provider, you generally will make your payment with the assigned company, however you do have the option to make the payment/renew using AZ MVD Now.
- Mail your payment (check or money order) to this address:
Motor Vehicle Division
P.O. Box 2100
Phoenix, AZ 85001
Note: If your Fleet Registration is not paid by the expiration date, the late renewal penalty fee is $8 for the first month of delinquency per vehicle and $4 for each additional month per vehicle, not to exceed a total penalty of $100.
Is there a charge for replacing a lost registration or plate?
- The charge for replacing a lost plate is $5, plus postage/handling.
- The charge for replacing a lost or damaged fleet tab/registration document is $5, plus postage/handling.