FAQ - Contractor Information

FAQ - Contractor Information

Are bid tabs considered confidential information?

Bid tabs are considered confidential until a job is awarded and then become public information. After award, a copy is sent to each bidder on the project. Anyone may view a copy in the C&S office at no cost. Anyone can purchase a copy for $10 administrative charge plus 20 cents per page. Contract & Specifications post Bid Tabs on their website for 3 months.

Does ADOT currently require retainage in traditional construction and or Design Build contracts?

No, ADOT does not hold any retention and the Prime Contractor and/or each subcontractor of any tier shall not withhold retention on any subcontract.

On the Weekly Force Account Detail, how do I enter Outside Rented Equipment if the piece of rented or leased equipment was exclusive to the Force Account?

On the Outside Rented Equipment worksheet, you will enter 1 in the Quantity and the invoice amount in the Invoice Rate. On the next line, enter the number of the hours the equipment was used in the Quantity field and the Hourly Operating Cost in the HOC field.

Entering these amounts will result in the contractor being reimbursed the entire invoice amount (minus any nonreimbursable costs), as well as the Hourly Operating Costs for all hours the piece of equipment was in operation.

Do I have to post the federal workplace posters in languages other than English?

With a few exceptions (FMLA and MSPA), the U.S. Department of Labor's regulations do not require posting of notices in Spanish or other languages. Where an employer's workforce is comprised of a significant portion of workers who are not literate in English, the employer is responsible for providing the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) poster notice in a language in which the employees are literate.

The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA) is not applicable to ADOT.

How do I contact the field office for my project?

Contact the appropriate construction office for information on certified payrolls, subcontractors, partnering and other project-specific information. The information is in your executed contract in the first few pages.

Check the ADOT Construction Contact List for names and phone numbers.

Where do I send the completed DBE Certificate of Payment form?

The completed DBE Certificate of Payment form is sent to your field office.

When can a subcontractor start working?

A subcontractor can start working after the SRF has been submitted to and is approved by Field Reports OR after the complete subcontract is submitted and approved. (Note: A completed contract is required for all subcontractors by the end of the project.)

Refer to the email below from Field Reports. This will apply if a subcontractor does start work prior to approval:

March 28, 2007

Dear Contractor

Due to repeated instances of primes allowing subcontractors to start work on ADOT projects prior to being approved, the following policy is in effect immediately. Prior to closing payrolls the Field Office will notify the prime contractor of any subcontractors who started project work prior to being approved by ADOT. The contractor will be responsible for writing a letter to the Resident Engineer explaining why the subcontractor started work on the project prior to being approved. The letter should also include what remediation measures have been implemented by the contractor to ensure the situation is not repeated. The letter will be concurred to by the RE and then forwarded to Field Reports.

If you have any questions, please call Charlene Neish at 602.712.7321 or Bill Fay at 602.712.4132.

Do I have to submit a certification before I can be paid for materials used on the project?

Yes. ADOT cannot pay you for materials without the proper certification (Certificate of Compliance And/Or Analysis). See Standard Spec. 106.5 for more information.

Are certified payrolls required for Force Accounts on non-FA projects?

Yes. All Force Accounts require certified payrolls.

Has the Fuel Cost Adjustment specification changed?

Yes. The new specification adjusts the dollar amount of work reported each month by 1.5 percent instead of 1 percent. The dollar amount will not include any incentives earned, including those for pavement smoothness, thickness or strength. No adjustments will be made for work performed after Substantial Completion. For further clarification, contact your project field office.

Documents are posted as they become available in PDF format, which requires Adobe Reader to view.

Do I need to be AZUTRACS Registered?

Answer: All firms interested in working on federally funded transportation projects are required to be AZUTRACS Registered. Learn more about AZUTRACS.